Jan. 20-21 Portland Writing Workshop
Nan Phifer, author of Memoirs of the Soul: A Writing Guide, will lead you in identifying the experiences that compose your spiritual memoirs.
She’ll demonstrate a process that evokes spontaneous rough drafts and supportive responses. From Nan’s presentation you’ll gain a personal table of contents, learn a writing process that produces polished, profound memoirs, and write the opening pages of two chapters.
Nan is affiliated with the Oregon Writing Project at the University of Oregon, where she serves on the Board of Directors. She travels widely to lead workshops for religious organizations, academic conferences, writers’ groups, libraries, and interfaith assemblies. See her website at www.memoirworkshops.com.
- Where: Shalom Prayer Center, Mt. Angel, OR, south of Portland
- When: Friday, January 20, 7 p.m. through Saturday, January 21, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Information/reservations: Contact Christine Zollner, 503-845-6773
- Register by Jan. 19
- Cost: $125 ($25 deposit) includes Friday overnight accommodations, Friday dinner at 5:30 p.m. Check in at 4:00 p.m.
- Early registration special until January 6
- More info: See “Events” at the Shalom Prayer Center website