The truth can set you free. Story arc, character development, and descriptive detail are not just the stuff of fiction. Langdon Cook tackles the liberating process of writing nonfiction like a novelist.
Langdon Cook was a senior book editor at Amazon.com before leaving the corporate world in 2004 to live in a cabin off the grid and write his first book. Langdon is now a freelance writer, columnist, and blogger:
- Book: Amazon – Fat of the Land: Adventures of a 21st Century Forager
- Blog: Fat of the Land
- Twitter: @langdoncook
About Our Monthly Mid-Valley Chapter Meetings & Speaker Series
Meeting Date & Schedule
- First Thursday of the month (unless it conflicts with a holiday, usually Sept. and/or Jan.) from September-May (no meetings in the summer)
- 6:30-7:00 p.m., Social Time and Refreshments
- 7:00-7:15 p.m., News, Upcoming Events and Member Announcements
- 7:15-8:30 p.m., Speaker
- 8:30-9:00 p.m., Questions and Book Signing
Chapters meetings are free to members of Willamette Writers and full-time college students, suggested $10 donation for non-members.